The maceration is a process that takes place in many foods to enhance and extract maximum flavor. Doing it in some fruits, in addition, will help to soften them before cooking them, so you will get a softer texture to make multiple dishes. If you like the idea, at unComo.com, we explain how to marinate fruits. Pay attention to the following tricks and give the fruit an additional flavor by mixing it in its own juice so that it is sweetened.
Steps to follow:
- Peel and chop the piece of fruit you want to marinate. Apples, peaches or strawberries are some of the fruits that are most marinated in the kitchen.
- Take a pot or non-reactive container and place the already cut fruit inside. Then add a liquid that suits the flavor of the chosen fruit to let it marinate. In general, juice, wine or liquor is usually used, although some not very sour vinegar can also be used.
- If you really like sweet, you can marinate the fruit with sugar. Sprinkle enough sugar over the mixture to cover the top of the cut fruit. If you carry out this method, to enhance the sweetness of the fruit, we advise you to add a little lemon to the mixture. Thus, thanks to the lemon acid, you will counteract the sweet taste a bit.
- When you have the fruit bathed in the liquid, selected according to your tastes, you can also add other substances that increase the flavor of the fruit in a subtle way. Vanilla branches or a drizzle of honey will be ideal for those who like sweeter. If you are more daring, you can try paprika or cayenne pepper to give it a spicy note. Or, you can choose to grate citrus, add some herbs or add a touch of balsamic vinegar. Enhance the flavor of the fruit with new flavors!
- Now, with all the mixture 100% prepared, cover the bowl or container where you have the ingredients, with a lid or with a plastic wrap. We advise you to use transparent plastic wrap.
- Let the marinated fruit sit for a full day. Keep in mind that whole fruits, such as grapes, will take longer than chopped ones, and that dried fruit will also take longer to marinate than fresh fruits.
After the full day, try the fruit. If it has all the added flavor, you can already use your macerated fruit to make desserts or accompaniments. In case you don’t notice a substantial change in flavor, let the mixture sit for a few more hours. Test it!
You may like to read –https://blogbuzz.co.uk/
Baby Care. vgrmalaysia.net Pocket Health.