No one likes having bad breath. Furthermore, no one likes being near someone with bad breath. It is one of the worst ways to make a good impression or keep a good conversation going. That’s why you need to find ways to eliminate your bad breath before it gets between you and the company you want to keep. Here are five effective fixes for bad breath.
- Floss every day. For some people, flossing is a very easy habit to maintain, and for others it seems almost impossible. However, no matter where you stand on the issue, flossing is a necessary part of maintaining good oral hygiene. One of the best ways to create the habit so that it’s second nature is to figure out what time works best for you. For some people it’s easiest right after dinner, while they’re watching TV. For others, it’s easiest to do in the afternoon right after lunch.
- Get a tongue scraper. Oftentimes, bad breath is the result of thick layers of plaque on the tongue. Everyone knows that you should always brush your tongue when you brush your teeth, but some people need a treatment that’s a little bit more heavy duty. That’s why you may want to get yourself a tongue scraper. You’d be amazed by how much plaque you can remove with just a couple swipes.
- Cut down on your sugar intake. One of the easiest ways to eliminate your bad breath is to cut down on all the sugary food and drinks that you consume. When sugar sits in your mouth, the live bacteria in your mouth feed off of it and plaque quickly ensues. This plaque gives off a terrible odor as it simultaneously eats away at the enamel of your teeth.
- Eat lots of dark leafy greens. You don’t need to go to embassy dental to get any expensive dental treatments for your bad breath. You just have to make some adjustments to your diet. In addition to cutting down your sugar intake, you want to increase your intake of greens. Chlorophyl is what’s responsible for the green color in plants, and it’s also great for eliminating odors in the body. The majority of toxins in your body are emitted through your breath, and what’s left is emitted through your sweat. If you want to eliminate both bad breath and body odor, be sure to add some greens to your diet.
- Don’t skip meals. An empty stomach is never a good thing if you have a tendency toward bad breath. In fact, an empty stomach can cause some of the worst breath. This is because with nothing to process, the acid in your stomach starts to creep up the esophagus in an effort to send you the signal that it needs to be fed. The longer you go without eating, the worse it gets. So if you have to wait long periods of time between meals, be sure to have just a little something to snack on. For more tips visit http://thewholeweek.com/